The Miss Nebraska Little Sister program is a mentoring program that has been in existence for over 26 years.
Facts of the Miss Nebraska Little Sister program:
- It is NOT a competition. Little Sisters are paired with contestants as a mentoring program. Girls participating are expected to act in a kind, caring and respectful manner.
- Little Sisters learn a dance routine that they perform each night of the Miss Nebraska Pageant in June. Dance experience is helpful but not required.
- Little Sister alumni raise funds through events and concession sales to provide
scholarships to the contestants. Once a girl has been a little sister they are forever part of the alumni. Future volunteer opportunities and expectations include selling concessions and/or ushering during pageant nights and teen pageant and participating in Nebraskaland kids parade and the Miss Nebraska parades.
- Little Sister families are responsible for fees for the costs of participation (ie: costumes, tshirts, their tickets, program books, mailings, etc.) as well optional family tickets, photographs, videos, etc. No scholarship or fee assistance is available.
- Little Sisters participation is limited to once, unless their contestant wins the Miss Nebraska title in which they return the following year with her. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Beginning February 1, 2017 to February 15, 2017, applications will be accepted to be a Miss Nebraska Little Sister for the June 2017 pageant. The applicant must currently be in 2nd or 3rd grade. They must also be available for all practices June 4 – June 10, 2017 and orientation meeting/bonding dance party with their “big sister” on March 31, 2017. A deposit of $100 needs to be included with application. (If chosen, the deposit will be applied toward the total of $275 participation fees. If not chosen to participate by the Miss Nebraska board, your deposit will be returned. If family chooses to withdraw the application and not participate after February 15, 2017 – the deposit will be non-refundable.)
Applications are available for download here and for pick up at J J’s Bridal in the Platte River Mall, NebraskaLand Banks, The Warehouse/Dance Factory or by request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent (postmarked) no earlier than February 1st and must be postmarked no later than February 15th for consideration. Acceptance will be decided by a selection committee. Girls currently in 2nd or 3rd grade will be considered first, if openings are still available, 1st and 4th graders will be considered. The number of applicants accepted will vary depending on the number of mentor/contestants to be paired with and will be at the discretion of the Miss Nebraska board of directors.
Applications will only be accepted through delivery to:
Miss Nebraska Little Sisters
P.O. Box 1193
North Platte, NE 69103-1193